2009年10月8日星期四

The first - on my father

I love my father, but I do not have chance to tell him anymore.

As the second daughter of his, my birth did not bring him any surprise and maybe a bit disappointment as the fact that another grand-daughter to his mom means another "赔钱货".

Nevertheless, he did not reduce any love that he can give me. He gave the best education to me and everything he did are meant well.

My father was a hardworking man. He went for the main income source ie rubber-tapping in the morning and extra works in the afternoon.

Helping him (with rewards) was one major memory for my childhood.

My sister and I were called "peanut princess" as we always at the farm site with lots, lots and lots of peanuts.

We got rewards like 10 cents for seeding a row of peanut ; 20 cents for get rid of weeds; 10 cents for plucking a tin of peanut. I used to remember that the rewards for a big basket is RM1, however, we complaint that it was so difficult to fill it full. So my father changed his strategy and said every small tin for 10cents. By accumulating 10 small tins, we were then actually achieve our target (RM1). See this is my father's 善巧!

During the draught season, my father need to watering the plants to avoid reduction in crops. That of course is a tough task, but we cannot help much.

He normally build up a small "attap" hut for us to rest and play and as a shelter when raining. I remember his figure that he wore raincoat to pull out the plants (this action also requires a lot of energy) while we can just sit in the shelter.

Why am I writting this? I am trying hard to remember the time that I spend with him and write them down for my daughters who have not got any chance to see him.

没有评论:

发表评论